Mary Cyrus captures portraits, weddings, parties and events on location in Dallas, Texas, in Northeast Texas and beyond. She specializes in creating down-to-earth, beautifully candid imagery.

November 8, 2010

Wedding: Kate & Greg (Part 1)

On October 16th, I had the honor of photographing Kate & Greg's wedding at the Cotton Mill in McKinney, Texas. It was less than a week after my own first wedding anniversary, so I was filled with all sorts of wedding nostalgia the whole night. I think photographing a wedding is probably the perfect way to remind myself of the wonder and joy that accompanied announcing my vows to my husband with my nearest and dearest gathered round. It definitely seemed like Kate and Greg were feeling the magic on their wedding day too. I may or may not have teared up at some points while editing these photos. Hallmark commercials may or may not have a similar effect on me. Ahem. My mushiness aside, I can only claim so much responsibility for the outcome of my photos at this wedding. The love radiating from everywhere all night coupled with an awesome, awesome venue made my job a breeze. Here are the photos of Kate and her ladies getting ready, the ceremony, and their portraits. Reception photos will follow shortly!

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

It was such a sweet moment, watching Kate and her Dad practice their aisle walk down the hotel hallway.

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Ah, those Just Married ecstatic grins!

Kate & Greg


Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate & Greg

Kate and Greg, thanks so much for letting me be a part of your day. I can't wait to show you the rest of your photos! Hope you're enjoying your newlywed bliss!

-Mary

3 comments:

Dawn Schaffer Monday, November 8, 2010 at 8:33:00 AM CST  

What an amazing venue!!! Lovely.

Jenna Cole Monday, November 8, 2010 at 9:02:00 PM CST  

Those details shots in the window are just stunning Mary. I'm in love! Such a gorgeous venue too.

Tasha Tuesday, December 21, 2010 at 12:39:00 AM CST  

The detail shots are beautiful! I think their location was sooo cool! You did an awesome job.

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP