Mary Cyrus captures portraits, weddings, parties and events on location in Dallas, Texas, in Northeast Texas and beyond. She specializes in creating down-to-earth, beautifully candid imagery.

June 2, 2014

Dallas Arboretum Engagement Portraits: Nikki & Scott

In mid-March, I photographed Scott and Nikki's engagement portrait session at the Dallas Arboretum. It's tough to shoot at the Arboretum in the Summer because they're only open 9 AM to 5 PM, but with the shorter, cooler days, those hours work well for Spring and Fall sessions! I never leave the Arboretum without inspiration for my garden, and if I'm being honest, some feelings of inadequacy where my gardening skills are involved. Of course, if I had a full staff of gardeners, my garden would look pretty amazing too. Even without a gardening staff, I'm definitely planting some tulip bulbs this Fall after seeing the early Spring explosion of color at the Arboretum during Nikki & Scott's session!

I'm seriously looking forward to photographing this couple's wedding in July. I don't generally try to hang out socially with my clients before we're past our client-vendor relationship, but I already know I want to hang out with this couple after the wedding. For starters, they like the same tabletop game as my husband, which is a huge step toward my husband liking them too... I truly enjoyed photographing them in March, and can't wait to do so again next month!

©2014 Mary Cyrus
©2014 Mary Cyrus ©2014 Mary Cyrus
©2014 Mary Cyrus
©2014 Mary Cyrus ©2014 Mary Cyrus
©2014 Mary Cyrus
©2014 Mary Cyrus ©2014 Mary Cyrus
©2014 Mary Cyrus
©2014 Mary Cyrus ©2014 Mary Cyrus
©2014 Mary Cyrus
©2014 Mary Cyrus ©2014 Mary Cyrus
©2014 Mary Cyrus
©2014 Mary Cyrus

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP