Mary Cyrus captures portraits, weddings, parties and events on location in Dallas, Texas, in Northeast Texas and beyond. She specializes in creating down-to-earth, beautifully candid imagery.

March 18, 2010

Sláinte!

Happy Belated St. Patrick's. 'Tis my favorite holiday of the year, but alas, I unexpectedly worked late and didn't celebrate as I usually like to (with Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Smithwick's, my favorite Irish beer). I did get in a little time on my fiddle and I'm winding down the night listening to the Chieftains, Beolach, and some of my other favorite traditional Celtic groups. These photos fit the occasion though they're from another island than Ireland.

Happy St. Patrick's

Red Shoe

White Point

Dad

White Point

Mom's Hand

Thistle

Red Shoe (Brown Birkenstocks)

Bouquet

Red Shoe

Hope everyone had a fun and safe St. Paddy's!

-Mairi (I can rock the Gaelic spelling today, right?)

4 comments:

Jess Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 11:55:00 PM CDT  

May you have food and raiment,
A soft pillow for your head,
May you be forty years in heaven
before the devil knows you're dead.

Slainte!

~Jess

Anonymous Friday, March 19, 2010 at 2:08:00 PM CDT  

It was St. Patrick's Day? The only way I usually celebrate (or even realize it's that time of the year) is by getting a Shamrock Shake at MickeyD's. And since the nearest McDonalds is about 80 miles away from where I now live, it completely slipped my mind. Lol.
Love, love these pictures. Someday I want to go back to those beautiful islands...

Anonymous Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 5:33:00 PM CDT  

Love the Paddy Day posts. Dad

MaddyChristine Hope-Brokopp Friday, April 2, 2010 at 2:56:00 PM CDT  

I LOVE this series!

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP