Mary Cyrus captures portraits, weddings, parties and events on location in Dallas, Texas, in Northeast Texas and beyond. She specializes in creating down-to-earth, beautifully candid imagery.

May 9, 2010

Momma's Day



Today is Mother's Day. My mom's working today (she works 12 hour shifts and generally gets up for work about the same time I go to bed) so I'll have to celebrate with her belatedly, but I figured I'd still post a brief shout out to my momma.

My mom has long been my confidante, my snuggle-buddy, and my best friend. While my husband has maybe taken over those roles most of the time these days, I know I can still count on her for any of the above. It seems like most ladies are afraid they'll end up like their mothers. I'd be A-OK with growing up to be like my mom. I could only hope to be such a compassionate, giving, loving woman. If I'm someday even half as good a mother as my own momma, I'll be doing pretty darn well.

I love you mom.

-Mary

Me 'n' Momma

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP