Mary Cyrus captures portraits, weddings, parties and events on location in Dallas, Texas, in Northeast Texas and beyond. She specializes in creating down-to-earth, beautifully candid imagery.

November 6, 2011

Seattle Trip!

I went up to Seattle (well, Puyallup) last weekend to visit my sister and her family. We had a blast, as was expected. It's nearly impossible for the two of us to get together without some manner of awesome shenanigans occurring. We spent quite a bit of time harassing the staff at her local coffee shop. We wandered around a nature preserve in the ridiculously cold rain. We went shopping. A lot. We sang in the car. A lot. We ate. A lot. I also got to watch one of her roller derby bouts for the first time, which was of course inherently awesome. Her husband explained the rules to me while she was out there throwing her hips into people and such. I also got to hang out with my nephew a bit. He has grown SO much since I last saw him. Thankfully he was in the midst of a 2-week-long break from his seizures while I was there, so I got to see him at his happy squealy best! Oh, there were chocolate mustaches at one point too, thanks to the aforementioned coffee shop. Here are a few of the photos I took during my stay. I can't wait to get back up again!



Washington is gorgeous this time of year, yes?

My sister, "Gita Kraken" is the one sporting the one red sock and the dark navy tights. You might notice the distinct lack of people on their bench, so she skated a whooole lot.

Enter mustache tomfoolery. My nephew Connor is very dapper.

I miss you sister!

-Mary

2 comments:

Allie Monday, November 7, 2011 at 8:34:00 AM CST  

love! Washington looks beautiful!

Julia O'C Monday, November 7, 2011 at 1:04:00 PM CST  

Beautiful pictures!! Thanks for sharing them.

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP