Mary Cyrus captures portraits, weddings, parties and events on location in Dallas, Texas, in Northeast Texas and beyond. She specializes in creating down-to-earth, beautifully candid imagery.

June 1, 2012

McKinney, Texas Engagement Portraits: Shannon & Josh

It's so much fun when I get to photograph long-time friends! I've known Shannon since she moved to my town halfway through 3rd grade. We were the best of friends for quite a few years. We drifted apart some over time, as often happens, and I hadn't seen her outside of facebook since high school until she contacted me about shooting her wedding. I'm thrilled to see her get married, and particularly honored that she's chosen me to photograph the day. I'm looking forward to September!

This portrait session was just the second time I talked to her fiance, Josh (the first time was at our consultation earlier this year). That is exactly why I offer free engagement sessions with my wedding packages. I want to make sure the couple is comfortable with my camera snapping away in their direction before the wedding day, but even more importantly, it's a great opportunity to get to know the couple. Sometimes I already know one or the other of them quite well, and sometimes I've only chatted with them over coffee or via email. Establishing that personal connection ahead of time helps me capture my best work on the wedding day.

Josh strikes me as a really fun, easy-going kind of guy, and I think he complements and balances Shannon's personality very well. I love to see friends happy, and so I'm thrilled that they've found each other.





















0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP