Mary Cyrus captures portraits, weddings, parties and events on location in Dallas, Texas, in Northeast Texas and beyond. She specializes in creating down-to-earth, beautifully candid imagery.

August 5, 2012

Kelly & Jon: McKinney Performing Arts Center Wedding

In May, I photographed this beautiful, fun, undeniably emotional wedding at St. Jude Catholic Church and at the McKinney Performing Arts Center. Almost every wedding is "emotional", but when the groom and father-of-the-bride both started tearing up during the processional (not to call them out, but you'll see it in the photos anyhow), the whole bridal party almost lost it. The same goes for the mother-son dance; I don't think there was a dry eye in the house, myself included. It certainly wasn't all tears though! There was so much laughter too, and while I finished shooting before the dance floor really opened up, it sounds like they danced into the night. And since this was an Aggie and Marine Corps wedding, Whoop-ing and Oorah-ing abounded all night long!



They're one of the most handsome couples I've photographed, which didn't make it any easier to narrow down my favorite photos for this blog post. Hopefully no one minds that I just didn't narrow it down that much after all. To Kelly and Jon, I wish you the best in your marriage and in life, and in light of Jon's military service, that you both always come home safely to one another. I admire and am thankful for the sacrifices that both of you are making.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP