Mary Cyrus captures portraits, weddings, parties and events on location in Dallas, Texas, in Northeast Texas and beyond. She specializes in creating down-to-earth, beautifully candid imagery.

February 18, 2012

Rockwall, TX Engagement Portraits: Rachel & Stuart

I was chatting with my friend Jesselyn about what she was doing to help a friend with wedding planning and she mentioned that they needed engagement portraits ASAP for their save-the-date announcements. I think we were talking on a Thursday or Friday and I mentioned that I was free that weekend, and boom, the bride Rachel and I started planning an engagement shoot only a few days out. I met them out in Rockwall near Stuart's home on a freakishly cold and windy Sunday morning, considering the 70° F weather we had enjoyed throughout winter up until that day. The wind was especially cold blowing off of the water of Lake Ray Hubbard at "The Harbor." We shot there for a bit, took a hand-warming break at Starbucks, and then moved onto old downtown Rockwall. I love just about every little old downtown I've encountered in Texas, and Rockwall's is no exception. There are always interesting textures in plenty, which is perfect for portrait sessions.

Rachel and Stuart are a silly duo, so I don't want to misrepresent them by only sharing the more posed or serious shots from the session. Look for plenty of silliness below, and know that the images shared here only scratch the surface! I got along so well with this couple; I'm actually hoping to grab dim sum with them sometime soon. It's always awesome when clients become friends.




    
    







    

    

    

    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP