Mary Cyrus captures portraits, weddings, parties and events on location in Dallas, Texas, in Northeast Texas and beyond. She specializes in creating down-to-earth, beautifully candid imagery.

April 5, 2012

Allen, Texas Engagement Portraits: Paul & Kristen

On Saturday, I met up with Paul and Kristen to shoot their engagement portraits. They're a little over halfway through a rather long engagement, and by the sounds of it, very ready for November to get here already. It's obvious these two have a very loving relationship. At one point during the session, they apologized for their PDA. I couldn't help but laugh. If PDA is acceptable anywhere, it's certainly acceptable at your engagement session! They met in their days at the University of Texas at Dallas, which is my own college as well. If I were an Aggie I would holler a "Whoop!" of solidarity here, but I refuse to throw down a Comet "Whoosh." Then again, my lack of school spirit has a lot to do with why I'm not an Aggie...

Like a few other couples I've worked with, Kristen and Paul are very involved in Ultimate Frisbee. The first time Kristen met Paul, he was actually playing Ultimate in a halo brace, thanks to a recent car crash. Her response to that was something along the lines of, "What an idiot," but thankfully they got off on a better foot a little later in their time at UTD!

Paul is someone that I've known of for many years, but to my knowledge, had never actually met until this weekend. He's the younger brother of one of my sister's good friends from high school. He went to high school and college with my brother. Kristen was actually just drafted onto my sister-in-law's Ultimate team, teaches at the same high school as one of my husband's friends, and when I added her on facebook, we had some unexpected mutual friends. It's a small world, and I'm glad to have finally met them!

1 comments:

Anna Mae Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 12:59:00 AM CDT  

These are so cute! I love the ones of them on the railroad track. What a great variety of locations you were able to get in for this session! :)

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP