Mary Cyrus captures portraits, weddings, parties and events on location in Dallas, Texas, in Northeast Texas and beyond. She specializes in creating down-to-earth, beautifully candid imagery.

May 5, 2014

McKinney Cotton Mill Wedding: Larissa & Matt

In October, I had the pleasure of photographing Larissa & Matt's wedding at the Cotton Mill in McKinney. This is one for the record books. From the AT-AT Walker groom's cake, to the jam-packed dance floor, and most importantly, the ridiculously nice couple, this goes down as one of my very favorite weddings. I'm happy to say that I've developed a friendship with Matt & Larissa post-wedding. We were all rather silly about it. They thought I might be "too cool" (ha!) to want to hang out with them, and I was concerned they'd question my intentions since we also have a client-vendor relationship. Thankfully they figured out how very not cool I am, and they aren't the suspicious sort. My husband hasn't scared them off either, so we're doing great!

I know this is a long post, because I absolutely couldn't narrow it down, but stick with me and scroll through the whole event. It's worth it to witness Larissa's mile-wide grins, the bridal party's antics, and one all-around awesome event. Thankfully the rain held off long enough for an outdoor ceremony. Their touching vows incorporated lines from Game of Thrones. Star Wars references pop up in several places. The cotton worked into their florals was a brilliant reference to the Cotton Mill venue. The bride wore sparkly pumps, and traded them for hand-painted Toms later in the night. The Time Warp was danced.

Larissa had some very nice things to say about my work for her wedding, and I could write an equally long review praising Matt & Larissa as clients. I'm blessed with many great clients. May they all be as nice as these two!

Check out their videographer's highlights reel at the bottom of the post!

Vendors:
Photographer: Mary Cyrus Photography
Venue: The Cotton Mill in McKinney
Coordinator: Weddings by Tina
Caterer: At Your Service
Florist: The Lily Pad Flower Shop
Bakery: Layered Bake Shop
Decor & Lighting: Jagad Designs
Officiant: Buster Noah at LoveNotes
DJ: Andrew Figueroa at Everlasting Sounds
Videographer: Keither Betters at Inspired Effects
Hair: Liz Peitzner at Mane Design
Makeup: Meghann Dodd
Thank you to Amanda Harris for second shooting with me!

























































Portraits

























































Here's an awesome highlights reel from their videographer, Inspired Effects:

Larissa & Matthew Highlights from Inspired Effects on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Brooke Gibson Monday, May 5, 2014 at 8:06:00 PM CDT  

What a beautiful wedding, Larissa! The pictures of you dancing in the center are probably my favorite! Great job, Mary!

Mary Cyrus Monday, May 5, 2014 at 9:52:00 PM CDT  

Thank you, Brooke!

Post a Comment

Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP