Mary Cyrus captures portraits, weddings, parties and events on location in Dallas, Texas, in Northeast Texas and beyond. She specializes in creating down-to-earth, beautifully candid imagery.

January 1, 2011

2010 Recap: Favorite Engagement Portraits

Happy New Year everyone!

Although we've already entered 2011 (crazy!), I'd love to take a moment to look back on some of my favorite moments of 2010. It's not lip service when I say I love my job as a photographer. It naturally follows that some of my happiest days this last year have been shared with my photography clients. I don't generally set official New Years Resolutions for myself, but I did challenge myself to launch a photography business in 2010 and see where it took me. I started off with some free sessions in January to build my portfolio, and it's been awesome to see the organic growth that's followed. In 2011, my business is taking an even higher priority and I'm so excited to see what growth I'll be able to look back on at the beginning of 2012.

Here are a few of my favorite photos from sessions with couples in 2010. The vast majority were engagement portraits, and the one couple that wasn't engaged has since hired me to shoot their wedding in Austin in July, 2011. Actually, my husband and I are hanging out with them tonight since they're briefly in town. I love the connections that come with this job.

Charles & Alyssa:



Kate & Greg:


Aislinn & Sean:


Jada & Jon:


Anna & Harper:


To every client who let me document part of their lives this year, thank you so much for your faith in me. I have more recaps to come, with your gorgeous faces included.

Mary

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP