Mary Cyrus captures portraits, weddings, parties and events on location in Dallas, Texas, in Northeast Texas and beyond. She specializes in creating down-to-earth, beautifully candid imagery.

January 2, 2011

2010 Recap: Favorite Family Portraits

I think one of the things that surprised me most in getting my business going this year was discovering just how much I love shooting family portrait sessions. I especially love chasing around ambulatory munchkins. It's like the adrenaline rush I get at weddings, but with much more giggling.

Here are some of my favorite portraits of children, families, and pregnant ladies (because baby-on-the-way is still a baby in a roundabout way).

Elise:

Coffee:
Kayla:

Rylan:

Allison:

Melissa:
Will:
Drury:
Kayla (again):

Lily (and Kayla):

Will (again):

My husband and I are nowhere near ready to bring any kids into our lives, but I love getting to spend time with kids with my camera in tow. It sort of scratches my baby itch and keeps me content to wait another long while. I'm lucky enough to live in a neighborhood with a ton of young families and some beautiful parks within the neighborhood itself. It's really the perfect set-up for child photography. Here's hoping I shoot a ton more family sessions in 2011!

Mary

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP