Mary Cyrus captures portraits, weddings, parties and events on location in Dallas, Texas, in Northeast Texas and beyond. She specializes in creating down-to-earth, beautifully candid imagery.

January 4, 2011

2010 Recap: Favorite Wedding Photos

In 2010, I was lucky enough to shoot my first three weddings. It's not exactly an impressive number, but it's a number I'm proud of all the same. I was the second shooter at the first, and the primary photographer at the other two. Each wedding was such a learning and growing experience, and I'm incredibly thankful to the brides, grooms, and their families who welcomed me into their important life events. Part of why I didn't more actively pursue weddings at first was that I wasn't sure if I would enjoy working these sometimes stressful events. I can now confidently say that I love it. I really can't think of anything I'd find more rewarding than documenting these awesome celebrations of love. I thrive on the adrenaline-fueled breakneck pace.

Here's a peek back at my three 2010 weddings.

Raquel Cesar:



Sara & Trenton:


Kate & Greg:



I've already booked four weddings in the first half of 2011, and I'm incredibly excited for each of them. I already knew one or the other member of most of these couples, but I've loved getting to know them and their fiances better at their included engagement sessions. I know the weddings of 2011 are going to rock my face off. Can't wait!

1 comments:

Kindra Leomiti Friday, January 6, 2012 at 9:01:00 AM CST  

That was so wonderful! I remembered my friend when she got married few years ago. Everything was just so perfect, and we all had a great time celebrating with her. I can't wait to get married too!

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP